Saturday, July 07, 2007

Salmonella Saturday.


I'm not a moron...seriously people, I am not but sometimes I tend to be obtuse to the obvious. We all know I love peanut butter. I eat a PB&J for breakfast everyday. My favorite brand is Peter Pan Plus because it has more vitamins and minerals than the other brands. I have been confounded by the fact that I cannot find my favorite brand on the grocery shelves and have been hoarding the one last jar that we have at my GF's house...I covet every PB&J I eat with my beloved PeterPanPlus. I was aware of the fact that there was a Salmonella scare with certain Peter Pan Peanut Butters and, foolishly, I thought we were safe.

Until today.

Today, I decided to check out the details of this Salmonella thing. Here is what I discovered about our coveted jar of Peter Pan.

And, here we have the TOP to our jar....with the evidence.


Please say a prayer for us...I always thought the only way one could get salmonella was by licking a turtle. My whole world has been rocked by this new information.

1 comment:

aud said...

I just hope there was no pnut butter on those burgers you made me.