Tuesday, February 26, 2008

books.


I am notorious for reading about 10 books at a time. I am lucky to finish any of them within 6 months but so far this year I'm doing pretty well. I've read the first 3 books of "Tales of the City" which a co-worker told me I must read before I could consider myself TRULY gay. Who knew? Certainly not me...and how foolish could a homosexual feel being schooled by a heterosexual on how to be an authentic gay. Truth be told, I started reading them about 4 months ago...but they are a very fast read.

I just finished "Confederacy of Dunces." I would have to say it is probably the funniest book I have ever read. I LOVED it....completely loved it. Having lived in Baton Rouge and frequented New Orleans a lot during the years I was there, it made me think of a lot of really good memories and made me a little sad that the New Orleans I loved is not the same. I'm almost ready to read it again...except that it does make me laugh out loud which does not help lull to me into sleep at night.

For a good sleeper, try Molecules of Emotion...whoa, great topic but probably the most boring read I've ever encountered....I've been gnawing away on that book for over 2 years now and am STILL not finished.

So, what is anyone else reading that is interesting? Care to share?

1 comment:

Tania Rochelle said...

It's hard to cop to an Oprah book, but I'm really enjoying 'Eat, Pray, Love,' by Elizabeth Gilbert.