Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Worst. Blogger. Ever.


Yes. I am the worst blogger ever. I willingly admit this. I promise to be more attentive to my fellow bloggers. I have just not had much to report on. I leave to go to Connecticut tomorrow to hang with my family...we do a family reunion every year with my mom's side of the family which we have done for the last 20 years. It's pretty amazing that we have kept it up, but it means a lot to my mom and dad. Like church on Christmas, sometimes we just have to do things that make our parents happy...and, quite honestly, it's usually a lot of fun. My extended family actually ask me about my *love life*...usually, there is not too much to report, but it is nice to be acknowledged. My parents, my sister...they never ask and I've spent a lot of time thinking that it didn't really matter...that my *love life* is just a small part of my life, but then I imagine what my sister would be like if she could not talk about her husband or her family...and it puts it all into context for me. Who we love, how we love, what we love...it is a huge part of who we are...and it just sucks when sharing that is awkward, unwelcomed, uncomfortable or just offensive to someone...especially one's family. I never really think about it and it rarely bothers me until I have to go home...then, once again, I am reminded of how a HUGE part of my life is invisible to my family.

6 comments:

minus five said...

family is so awesome.

Harpy said...

that's when i would have that 4th glass of wine.

Anonymous said...

hey, we're not seeing my parents this year because my mother is a raving bitch. At the age of 38 I think I'm finally free of her guilt trips. It's hard, but as I get older I find myself caring less about my parents feelings and more about mine.

Rupert said...

I thought your previous 4th st hip-hop post got pretty lively reactions - some outright dissing you and then you had a gallant commenter defending your honor and calling somebody else a "jackass" - whoa, that's almost better 'n a love life - plus minus (haha, I just said plus minus) never even has defenders calling people jackass -

minus five said...

rupert: that's because nobody ever defends me. i have to take care of business myself.

Tania Rochelle said...

Poor Minus.