Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why I love Kung Pao Chicken.



So this is the fortune I got from some take-out chinese the other night...as if I needed a fortune to tell me that. One thing I was not so clear on was whether the fortune meant that, generally speaking, romance comes in my life in an unusual sort of way or if I should ANTICIPATE romance coming into my life in an unusual sort of way. In any case, I have temporarily given up on love. Don't worry...I have not officially given up on love...I have simply chosen to not make it a priority in my life for now. I just want it to be right on EVERY SINGLE LEVEL this time. I do want it all. I want kindness, intelligence, compassion, strength, sensitivity and self-awareness. I want to be with someone who honors and respects every aspect of who I am and puts equal priority in valuing and loving herself. I want to know that the person I commit myself to is 100% committed to herself and that, together, we can create a life that is meaningful. I value thinking about and considering the big questions of the universe. I want to know that she can think. I don't necessarily care about academic "intelligence;" I care that she wants to think about the possibilities...that she can balance passion and logic. Okay, so I want her to be a lot like me...if truth be told, I do. I want an equal. I don't care what she does, what she looks like, any of the details. I can work around details. I have worked around some serious details and I just want to be inspired by the love that I share with another person. Needless to say, with this list of demands...I am probably going to be single for a while. But I'll keep my eyes peeled for that unusual romance.

One more thing: a word of wisdom from one of my teacher..."the mate meant for you is the one whose goodness and work ethic is worth rearranging your single life for." –Anne Elser.

No comments: